Programmable thermostats that have earned the ENERGY STAR help you save money and keep your home comfortable by automatically adjusting your temperature settings while you are asleep or away, saving you about $100 per year.
Earning the ENERGY STAR means products meet strict energy efficiency guidelines set by the US Environmental Protection Agency and the Department of Energy.
- Store four or more temperature settings a day
- Adjust heating or air conditioning turn-on times as the outside temperature changes
- Save and repeat multiple daily settings
Remember, saving energy prevents pollution.
By choosing ENERGY STAR and taking steps to optimize the performance of your heating and cooling equipment, you are helping to prevent global warming and promoting cleaner air while enhancing the comfort of your home.
You may also be interested to know:
- To maximize energy savings, install your thermostat away from natural cool and hot spots. In hot summer months, set your thermostat several degrees higher when you’re away.
- You can get better performance out of your cooling equipment by sealing your home and making sure your ducts don’t leak.
- EPA offers additional suggestions for improving the performance of your cooling system as well as general home improvement advice.