Want more from your windows? Ask for ENERGY STAR.
ENERGY STAR qualified windows, doors, and skylights save you energy and money, increase the comfort of your home, and protect your valuable possessions from sun damage. They are also better for the environment because lowering your energy use means less air pollution from power plants.
- Save money and energy. Replacing single-paned windows with ENERGY STAR qualified windows or choosing ENERGY STAR over the typical clear-glass double-paned alternative can save a significant amount of money on your energy bill.
- Say goodbye to winter drafts and sweating in the summer sun. Thanks to a host of new technologies, ENERGY STAR qualified windows, doors, and skylights keep your home cooler in the summer and warmer in the winter, making you more comfortable year round.
- Protect your home’s interior. Many ENERGY STAR qualified windows, doors, and skylights act like sunscreen for your house, protecting your photographs, artwork, furniture, carpets, and wood floors from sun damage.
- Buy with confidence. Every ENERGY STAR qualified window, door, and skylight is independently certified to perform at levels that meet or exceed strict energy efficiency guidelines set by the U.S. Department of Energy.
- Ask for ENERGY STAR. To purchase the most efficient window for your home, ask for products that are ENERGY STAR qualified in your Climate Zone. To learn more, see the window purchasing tips.
- Seal and insulate with Home Sealing. Sealing your home’s envelope is one of the most cost-effective ways to lower your home’s energy bills and improve your comfort.
What’s in a pane – or two?
All energy efficient windows have at least two panes, but not all double-paned windows are energy efficient. Twenty years ago, double-paned meant energy efficient; today, advanced technologies have enabled the development of windows that are much more efficient than traditional clear-glass double-paned windows. For maximum energy savings, don’t count panes; count on ENERGY STAR.